About the Department
Welcome to the Department of English Language/Translation at Isra University in Jordan. The Department of English Language and Translation at Isra University was established on 3 August 2005. It is considered one of the first academic departments to be established in private universities in Jordan. The Department provides students with courses in English language and general linguistics and other specialized courses in written and oral translation, legal translation, administrative translation, media translation, and tourism translation, in addition to training final year students at highly specialized and accredited translation centers.
The Department is considered one of the largest departments at the Faculty of Arts, as the number of students enrolled in the bachelor’s degree at the beginning of the academic year 2023/2024 are approximately (277). The students in this Department are taught by an integrated group of distinguished faculty members who are graduates of Jordanian and foreign universities. The Department also provides the highest-ranked student a full scholarship that includes covering of tuition fees to study a master’s degree in the Department of English Language and Literature at Isra University. The Department is currently planning to open a master’s program in Applied Translation in the coming years.
Excellence and creativity in the field of translation (English-Arabic) study and research.
Commitment to leadership standards in providing a creative educational and research environment for community development.
- Equipping students with written and oral translation skills.
- Developing student’s cognitive and intellectual abilities.
- Keeping pace with the requirements of the job market and knowledge developments.
- Creativity and innovation in the field of practical translation.
- Acquiring linguistic and basic skills in English language.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge in oral translation and interpretation.
- Understanding different fields of knowledge.
- The ability to adapt to work environments and conditions.
- Contact and communicate in different ways.
- The ability to solve translation problems.
- The ability to analyze different texts.
- Enhancing critical thinking skills.