The Respiratory Therapy Department was established at the faculty of Allied Medical Sciences in 2021-2022 to meet the needs of the local community and the surrounding region for qualified individuals in the curative, preventive, and rehabilitative fields of respiratory diseases.
The respiratory therapist evaluates and treats emergency and chronic diseases of the respiratory and cardiac systems under integrated medical supervision and using technological methods to maintain the oxygen level in the blood. In this specialty and with the aims:
- Graduate specialists in the profession of respiratory therapy with high professional qualification
- Develop the respiratory therapy profession through developing curricula and encouraging scientific research.
- Focus on seeking to implant medical education backed by scientific evidence
- Collaborate with similar educational programs to improve the medical education level and exchange experiences.
- Provide a real educational opportunity for all workers in the field of respiratory therapy through the annual conferences and specialized seminars in various aspects of the specialization.
- Serve the local community by spreading health awareness related to maintaining the health of the respiratory system.
- Build students' inner sense of self-development scientifically and professionally through self-learning.
The respiratory therapy specialization consists of 136 credit hours, including theoretical and practical subjects in the department's laboratories and intensive clinical training in hospitals and specialized centers.