The Library, a part of the University, was founded in 1991 with the purpose of providing different sources of knowledge to all academic specializations. It also aimed at serving both students and staff members, in addition to researchers.
The paper holdings of the library amount to (68,000) Arabic and foreign titles and that is equivalent to (102.147) volumes. The library subscribes to (140) Arabic and foreign paper journals and (26) electronic ones. It also subscribes to the English EBSCO electronic books comprising 130,000 titles, in addition to the EBSCO English. Periodicals comprising (27) database besides Adala program of the faculty of law.
The library also holds a good amount of non- paper holdings (Audio – visual aids videos tapes, tapes, CD, Floppies and DVDs). It might constitute a care for establishing a multimedia Center, in addition to a collection of theses and research papers of graduating students.
The library of Isra University plays a pivotal role in serving the academic community within the large geographical are to which it belongs.
Supporting the teaching process and consolidating scientific research, through facilitating access to the various sources of knowledge to university members and the community.
1. To facilitate access to knowledge sources from within and from outside the university.
2. To Increase equally the holdings of the library in all fields.
3. To organize knowledge sources in order to cope with the most updated means of technology.
4. To develop the capabilities of library cadre incessantly.
5. To cooperate with Universities and knowledge canters and with people of concern in the Kingdom and neighboring countries.
Director of The Library